Lillstreet’s artist-in-residence program provides a unique opportunity for artists to work in a collaborative, community-based arts center. Artists-in-Residence are encouraged to develop their existing bodies of work and explore new processes and concepts. The residency allows artists to shape and structure their time at Lillstreet to fit their own goals. Residents spend some of their time dedicated to working with students in order to enrich the educational programs, offering students the opportunity to see and learn from working artists. Residents will have the opportunity to work with ArtReach, our community outreach program, to provide arts education to underserved communities in Chicago.
• Studio/work space in our classroom or artist group studios
• 24-hour access to facilities and equipment
• Monthly stipend – $200
• Free classes in any department
• Teaching/assisting opportunities
• Group exhibition with other resident artists
Residency does not include:
• Housing or food
• Travel costs
Residencies begin September 1 and end August 31.