Awards Ceremony and Opening Reception: Friday, November 8 from 6 – 8 p.m.
JUROR: Garth Johnson
ABOUT THE JUROR: Writer, curator, and educator Garth Johnson is the Paul Phillips and Sharon Sullivan Curator of Ceramics at the Everson Museum of Art in Syracuse, New York. Johnson is known for his irreverent wit, which can be explored through his weblog, www.extremecraft.com. He has also exhibited his work and published his writing nationally and internationally, including contributions to the books Handmade Nation, Craftivity, Craft Corps, and the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s Nation Building. His book, 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse, was published by Quarry. He is a self-described craft activist who explores craft’s influence and relevance in the 21st century.
- Special Exhibitions Committee Award: Solo Exhibition at The Center for Contemporary Art
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $250
Third Prize: $100
DATES & DEADLINES:
- Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 p.m. MT
- Artist Notification: Friday, October 11th (by email)
- In Person Delivery: October 29 – November 2nd during office hours
- Deadline to Receive Shipped Artwork: November 1st
- Exhibit Opening Reception: Friday, November 8 from 6-8 p.m.
- Pre-paid Artwork Return and In-Person Pick-Up: January 2 – 10 during office hours
- $35 for up to three entries
- $25 for Members of The Center and art educators
- Entry fees are non-refundable
The exhibition is open to artists age 18 and older
The exhibition will consist of three-dimensional ceramics work. Wall-mounted pieces must be prepared and ready for hanging and no larger than 36″ X 36″. Free-standing pieces may not exceed 32″ X 32″ X 48″ or weigh more than 75 lbs. including box or crate. Work across a variety of display solutions is encouraged including video or film related to clay. Accepted work cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibit. Please contact The Center with questions about oversize pieces or other shipping concerns before you apply.
- Submit up to three JPEG/JPG digital images. Upload options for image files:
- File format: JPEG or JPG only
- File dimensions: 1200 pixels or greater on the longest side
- File size: 5 MB maximum
- Information on how to resize your file can be found here.
- File Type: MOV, MP4, WMV, 3GP, AVI, ASF, MPG, M2T, MKV, M2TS.
- File Size: Under 100 MB.
- Currently, linked media from YouTube, Vimeo, etc. is not accepted.
HOW TO ENTER!
- 2019 entries should be submitted through CallforEntry.org
- You must set up an account to enter.
- If you run across a problem while applying or have questions, please contact CallforEntry.org at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHIPPING/DELIVERY OF ARTWORK:
The artist is responsible for the cost of shipping or mailing artwork to and from The Center for Contemporary Art using Fed-X or DHL. A return shipping label and return postage must be included with the artwork. Artwork may also be hand-delivered to and picked up from The Center for Contemporary Art on the appropriate dates during the scheduled times.
INSURANCE AND SALE OF ARTWORK:
All artwork is insured for its declared value from the time it is received through January 10, 2020 while it is on the premises. Artists are responsible for insuring artwork during transit. The Center for Contemporary Art receives a 30% commission on all exhibition sales.
MEDIA/PUBLIC RELATIONS: The Center for Contemporary Art reserves the right to use digital images of exhibited artwork for media, website, PR and advertising.