This year, we will be offering two fellowships, each one worth up to $2,000, to fund a two-week summer workshop in ceramics at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts. The fellowships will cover room, board, and tuition for a two-week workshop, and up to $500 for travel to and from Haystack Mountain School of Crafts in Deer Isle, Maine, USA.
The Fellowship is intended to increase diversity, equity, and access across the field of the ceramic arts. Therefore, Artaxis encourages artists of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
This year’s Artaxis Fellowship Selection Committee, consisting of Eva Kwong, Crystal Morey, and Neha Kudchadkar will select the recipient based on artistic merit and financial need. The two recipients will be able to attend a two-week workshop of their choice at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts in the summer of 2018.
- The Fellowship is intended to increase diversity, equity, and access across the field of the ceramic arts. Therefore, Artaxis encourages artists of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Artists 18 years of age or older, at any stage of their career. Nominee does not need to be a student.
- Artists must be able to demonstrate financial need and, if requested by the board, provide a copy of the first page of your most current tax return or other financial document.
- The Fellowship is designed to offer an experience that would otherwise not be possible for the Nominee. To that end, any Nominee who has attended numerous workshops will not be considered in need.
- This Fellowship is open to National and International applicants. Artaxis will provide International applicants with letters of invitation, but cannot offer additional funding or support with acquiring a visa.
The 2018 Artaxis Fellowship is supported by Artaxis members and funded by Haystack Mountain School of Crafts in an effort to nurture talent within creatively driven individuals by offering financial support to underrepresented artists.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Deadline for applications: January 31st, 2018
- Review of applications: February 1st – 15th, 2018
- Fellowship recipient will be notified in late Febuary
- Public announcement of recipient will be in March