Title: Assistant Professor (Art & Art History – Sculpture)
Position Number: 0084050
Hiring Unit: Arts & Humanities, Department of Art & Art History
Date Posted: October 13, 2016
Closing Date: Continuous – application review begins January 02, 2017
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Monthly Type: 9 Month
Tenure Track: Tenure
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Other Conditions: To begin August 1, 2017. Pending position clearance and availability of funds.
Find the official posting here: https://workatuh.hawaii.edu/
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate courses in sculpture and cross-media undergraduate/graduate level seminars;
- Conduct research;
- Advise students and develop curriculum;
- Help supervise 3-D labs;
- Oversee student assistants;
- Participate in the governance of the department;
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- MFA or equivalent academic degree with a concentration in sculpture or related area/s;
- college-level teaching experience;
- a national exhibition record.
- Evidence of research, teaching and/or practice relevant to the context of Hawaii and the Asia Pacific;
- engagement with the future of sculpture and art in general;
- knowledge of technical, historical, critical, and contemporary issues in sculpture;
- the ability to collaborate and think across media and disciplinary boundaries;
- an active international exhibition record;
- experience teaching introductory, advanced and graduate level college courses;
- experience managing labs dedicated to mechanical and digital fabrication.
Applications will be accepted either on a flashdrive or via a dropbox link. Flash drives should be sent to: Sculpture Search, Department of Art & Art History, 2535 McCarthy Mall, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96822. Dropbox links should be emailed to Carol Higashi, Department Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, 20 digital samples of creative work and 20 works by the applicant’s students (portfolios should not exceed 40MB in total), official transcripts (copies acceptable but official transcripts will be required at the time of hire), names and contact information of 3 professional references. Finalists will be asked to submit three letters of recommendation.
Mary Babcock, Chair, Sculpture Search Committee
University of Hawaii
Department of Art & Art History
2535 McCarthy Mall, Art 142
Honolulu, HI 96822