Eastern Oregon University seeks a uniquely qualified, creative individual to teach a broad range of courses in ceramics and sculpture. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to teach introductory, intermediate, and advanced sculpture and ceramics courses, as well as mentor majors within the capstone sequence. The Art Department at Eastern Oregon University is a small, interdisciplinary and close-knit program housed within the College of Arts and Sciences. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate will maintain an active studio practice, oversee the 3-D studios, participate in departmental activities, committee service to the institution, and academic advising. This is a full-time tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor. This position will begin fall of 2016.
Find the official posting here: https://eou.peopleadmin.com/postings/905
Find information about the EOU Ceramics program here: https://www.eou.edu/art/studio-emphasis/ceramics/
Teach all levels of ceramics, sculpture, capstone theory and practicum courses. Collaborate with the art faculty to guide upper-level students in theoretical applications and capstone sequence courses. Maintain an active studio practice. Oversee 3-D studios. Academic Advising and other service work to the institution.
- MFA in ceramics or sculpture.
- At least one year college-level teaching experience beyond TA
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary theoretical concerns in the art world
- For accreditation agencies recognized by EOU, see the webpage at https://chinook.eou.edu/hr/. U.S. Citizenship or current residence status is required. Commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level is required.
- MFA in ceramics or sculpture
- Three years teaching experience beyond TA
- Experience teaching 3-D Foundations courses
- Experience teaching art theory and/or other writing intensive art courses
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Letter of introduction
- Current curriculum vitae with names and contact information for 3 professional references
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Please submit 20 images of your artwork in a pdf. presentation, and 15-20 images of student work in a separate pdf. presentation. These documents will need to be uploaded in the “Applicant Document” section of the application. You may use Portfolio 1, 2 and Student Portfolio to upload the items, each portfolio will only except 9MB. You may need to compress the files so they will fit.
Assistant Professor rank salary is determined by weighted years of Service based upon the faculty union contract