Kansas City Art Institute is now accepting applications for an Assistant Professor – Ceramics position. Reviews of applications will begin in the early spring and will continue until the position is filled.
Status: Tenure track
Rank: Assistant professor
Start date: Aug. 15, 2015
Find the official job posting here: https://www.kcai.edu/employment/assistant-professor-ceramics
Teach courses at the sophomore, junior and senior levels, majors and non-majors with emphasis on all aspects of ceramics. Participate in critiques for students working in a range of ceramic forms including the vessel, design, tile, sculpture and installation
Requirements for the position:
- Professional artistic pursuit with a primary use of ceramic media
- Teaching experience with a strong commitment to college level education and curriculum in the arts
- Versed in historical and contemporary aspects of ceramic art, theory and design
- Knowledge of the figure and human anatomy
- Command of sculpting techniques, mold making and slip casting
- Expertise in a variety of glazing and finishing methods and the operation of electric and gas kilns
- Additional qualifications for consideration: aptitude for computer technology as a tool in studio practice and teaching, 3-D modeling software programs, 3-D output methods and/or kiln-formed glass methods.
- Ability to instruct and advise students toward a professional practice in the field of art and design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong collaborative spirit for team work and service to the ceramics department, the college, the community and the field
Education and experience requirements:
M.F.A. degree; demonstrated professional achievement in the field; full-time college-level teaching experience.
Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent and accredited college of art and design founded in 1885 and located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, Mo. The college enrolls about 650 undergraduate students drawn regionally, nationally and internationally.
Application deadlines and procedures:
Reviews of applications will begin in the early spring and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach to thee-mail in PDF format only:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching experience and philosophy
- List of workable web link(s) to personal practice and to supervised student work examples with project descriptions where applicable
- List of three professional references we may contact
Applications with accessible PDF files and workable web links will be acknowledged by return email.
Questions may be directed to:
Find out more about the KCAI Ceramics program here: https://www.kcai.edu/academics/majors/ceramics