San Diego City College is hiring an Assistant Professor, Fine Art in Ceramics/Sculpture. Closing date 04/01/2019.
The instructor will teach courses in the Fine Art Program with emphasis in Ceramics/Sculpture. Primary responsibilities of this position include supporting the department in program and curriculum development; teaching classes across a broad spectrum of the area of Fine Art to include, but not limited to: Contemporary Crafts, Sculpture (all levels), and Ceramics (all levels); and contributing to the goals of the Department, School, and College. The instructor must fulfill the responsibilities of a community college instructor in accordance with the San Diego Community College classification description. A typical weekly teaching load consists of 15-30 hours of lab/lecture courses.
The following are desired qualifications for the position:
• Subject matter expertise in ceramics and/or sculpture.
• Master’s degree in Fine Art.
• Ability and interest in teaching a variety of courses such as, all levels of ceramics, glaze chemistry, mold making, crafts, figurative ceramics, sculpture, 3D Design, and/or other courses.
• Ability to teach effectively by demonstrating a working knowledge of learning styles and teaching techniques.
• Recent teaching experience in Fine Arts at a community college and/or lower-division college level.
• The ability to fairly and effectively evaluate student performance.
• Experience in the development and/or review of courses and curriculum.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Continued professional growth in Fire Arts.
• Recent experience using online technology.
• Computer literacy in a classroom setting.
• Experience and/or knowledge in working with students of great diversity in socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
Find the official posting here: https://www.sdccdjobs.com/postings/10734