Art Department offering B.A., B.F.A. and M.A. programs seeks dynamic, innovative artist and educator with a specialization in ceramics. The primary teaching responsibilities will be teaching all levels of ceramics from beginning through graduate levels, foundation studio classes and general education art classes. The successful candidate will be well versed in all aspects of ceramics with the ability to teach wheel-throwing, hand-building, glaze technology and slipcasting techniques and oversee a complete ceramics studio. The successful candidate will have the ability to fire and maintain a variety of kilns (electric, and gas reduction required, raku, salt and wood preferred). We are a teaching focused institution and seek faculty with a focus on contemporary pedagogy as well as contemporary art. Experience with kiln building and / or applicable new technology such as 3D printing is of interest. Teaching load is 12 credits/semester. This is a tenure track position.
Find the official posting here: https://finearts.academickeys.com/job/zdl9vpsx/Assistant_Professor_of_Art_Ceramics
Find the Adams State University Art Department here: https://adams.edu/academics/art/index.php
- MFA or relevant terminal degree in relevant field (Ceramics).
- 3 years or more University/College teaching experience.
- Ability to teach beginning through graduate levels of ceramics.
- Ability to fire and maintain a variety of kilns as described above.
- Experience with slipcasting techniques.
- Active exhibition record.
- Engagement with contemporary pedagogy.
- Broad understanding of contemporary art.
- Interest in teaching Foundational and General Education courses.
- Interest in recruitment and retention and advisement of students.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform above job description.
- Experience with applicable new technology such as 3D printing.
- Experience with kiln building.
Appointment will be made at the Assistant Professor level. Salary is $42,000. Adams State University offers a competitive benefits package.
Completed applications should include the following:
- Letter of application addressing interest in and qualifications for the position as described above
- Transcripts of all college level work (copies acceptable)
- Names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of four references (at least one should be in a relevant supervisory role)
- Statement of teaching philosophy for ceramics
- 3 sample project sheets and course schedule for a beginning level ceramics class as you would teach it
- 20 images of student work in Ceramics (CD or USB preferred)
- 20 images of personal work (CD or USB preferred)
- SASE for return of CD/USB
Application Deadline: Dec. 15, 2015
Applications accepted by mail only. Please see contact information for details.
Claire Van Der Plas, Chair
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd
Alamosa, CO 81101
Phone Number: (719) 587-7186
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Adams State University is particularly interested in applications from women and minorities. Adams State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications are sought from all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, disability, and, as covered by law, veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation including transgender status and gender expression, marital status, and parental status.