Morehead State University, recognized as one of the top public universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report, is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track position as Assistant Professor, Sculpture/3D Digital.
Morehead State University is an EO/AA educator and employer that delivers a strong and affordable education for friendly, ambitious students who thrive in a student-focused learning environment defined by small class sizes and faculty committed to teaching and student success.
Official job posting: https://moreheadstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/5090
Morehead State University, Department of Art & Design: https://www.moreheadstate.edu/art/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches all levels of sculpture (introductory – advanced, undergraduate and graduate).
- Teaches introductory functional and sculptural ceramics.
- Typical teaching workload is 24 credit hours annually as well as supervising and teaching advanced studies (independent undergraduate) and individual studies (independent graduate).
- Advisement of art students with 3D emphasis.
- Manages materials and operation of equipment used in sculpture and ceramics labs.
- Leads sculpture programming initiatives and supervision of sculpture area.
- Develops 3D digital curriculum/programming.
- Follows environmental and safety policies.
- Supervises graduate assistants and work-study students.
- Engages in scholarly activity (research and creative activity, and professional development).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for activities related to teaching and learning, including but not limited to, instructional planning, student recruitment and retention, course and program assessment.
- Identification of sculpture program and facility needs for development and enhancement.
- Service to department, college, university, and community.
- Participation in department events and activities.
M.F.A. with 3D emphasis required.
Terminal degree from an accredited institution in the individual’s discipline as recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Exceptions will be those non-doctoral degrees considered to be terminal degrees by discipline-specific accrediting bodies recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation (CORPA).
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- University level teaching experience and service.
- Ability to teach traditional and non-traditional approaches to sculpture, assemblage, mixed-media, installation, environmental art, and interface with digital technologies.
- Experience/familiarity with 3D modeling/prototyping.
- Active and sustained exhibition record.
- Ability to work collaboratively in department and university communities, especially in common areas of 3D and technology.
Review of applications will begin November 12, 2015, and will continue until position is filled.
Special Information/Instructions to Applicants:
Include 20 examples of personal work in pdf, clearly labeled and include 20 examples of student work (if available) in pdf format, clearly labeled. Also, please include a letter of application, current curriculum vita with contact information for three references, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy and a statement of research interests. Optionally, you can include: recent course evaluations and sample syllabi.