LAST CALL IV: Handmade Ceramics for Storing, Pouring & Sipping Fine Libations
2019 Juror: Carole Epp
Now in its fourth year, LAST CALL has become one of the most anticipated juried ceramics exhibitions by makers and collectors alike.
LAST CALL is an annual survey of contemporary ceramics, whose intended function is geared towards storing, pouring, and drinking alcohol. The exhibition is open to every type of clay, temperature, and atmosphere. We will be looking for the very finest growlers, bottles, flasks, flights, steins, pilsners, mugs, goblets, rocks cups, liquor sets, sake sets, ice buckets, shots, etc!
Companion Gallery will be printing a full color catalog, hosting an opening gallery reception, and the entire exhibition will be available for sale online.
The exhibition opening will be held at Companion Gallery’s new location on Friday March 1st, 2019.
Companion Gallery 3600 East Mitchell Street, Humboldt, TN, as well as ONLINE at companiongallery.com.
A FULL COLOR 8.5 x 11 print catalog will accompany the exhibition. Participating artists will each receive a complimentary print copy.
Entry Deadline: Friday January 18th, 2018 12 Midnight CST
- Open to US and CANADIAN residents 21 and up.
- $30.00 for 3 Entries.
- Digital Images should be labeled with the artists last name, underscore, first letter of first name, and the entry #. (Example: Skippy McGrueber would be mcgrueber_s1.jpg, mcgrueber_s2.jpg, mcgrueber_s3.jpg, etc)
- Images must be print ready, well lit, in focus, 300 DPI cropped into a square sized to 1000 x 1000. Because we are printing a catalog, photography will be a determining factor during the jurying process. Please do not embed images in the body of the email. Sent them as attachments to the email.
- one detail of each entry is welcome and should be labeled as 1B, 2B, and 3B. See above.
- Photo TIP: To ensure your piece fits into a square format photo, shoot vertical pieces horizontally and horizontal pieces vertically before cropping. Images above are all good examples.
Email 3-6 labeled images to Eric at email@example.com with the subject line: LAST CALL IV. Your email IS your application.
Images will be forwarded to juror Carole Epp on January 18th at midnight CST and notifications will go out the following week.
Each Application must include (Copy & Paste)
- Artist’s Name:
- Email address:
- website or instagram:
- mailing address:
- cell phone number:
- a description of each image including title, type of clay, cone, kiln atmosphere, dimensions, and price.
Entry #1. Rocks Cup. Porcelain with underglaze and celadon glaze. Soda fired to Cone 10.
4.5h x 3w x 3d $85.00
All work submitted should be fully functional and all glazes must be food safe. Our customers and collectors expect and deserve the highest level of craftsmanship. Be sure that feet are smooth and work is free of any sharp burs or cracks. Pourers should pour, corks or stoppers should seal properly, etc.
The Companion Gallery celebrates ALL forms of expression. However, because of the number of children that frequent the gallery we will not be accepting any work considered to be profane or vulgar. Basically, there’s kids around- be cool.
Application Fees are *ONLY payable online.
*Canadian applicants will be sent an email invoice for the app fee after the application has been emailed. Invoices need to be paid by the entry deadline to be considered.
Companion Gallery and Carole Epp look forward to seeing your entries!
**Click HERE to pay the application fee
Deadline for Entries: Friday January 18th 2019, 12 Midnight CST