4x6x8, an International Juried Tile Exhibition, will celebrate, investigate, and fully exhibit the significance and consideration of handmade ceramic as a part of the contemporary art world, and particularly, as a full partner in the world of ceramic art.
This tile exhibition will encourage those who make, or consider making, tiles, while reminding all viewers of the essential place tiles occupy in our lives, in their many uses and applications. Artists are invited to enthusiastically broaden creative and aesthetic boundaries while creating art tiles.
The HEIGHT of the finished tile MUST be 4,” the WIDTH of the finished tile can either be 4”, 6”, or 8,” and the subject matter of each tile is completely open to artistic interpretation, expression & creativity.
The exhibition will be juried anonymously through the submission of digital images. The 4x6x8 tile exhibition will be juried by the 2020 CLAY Festival Visiting Artist, Sanam Emami, internationally respected for her utilitarian pottery and tile.
- One entry consists of ONE tile.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- If accepted, each tile must be marked on the back with the artist’s name, title, and retail price.
- Finished Tile Height: 4”
- Finished Tile Width: 4“, 6”, or 8”
- Finished Tile Thickness: minimum 1/4 “, maximum 1“
- All entries must be made of natural clay.
- All tiles must be made to be hung on a wall, with an embedded or affixed hanging mechanism that will support the weight of the tile.
- There are no restrictions as to design, finish or technique.
- All accepted tiles must be for sale during exhibition.
Registration and Submission Steps
- STEP ONE: Register entries and make payment online: www.CLAYfestival.com
- STEP TWO: Email submission images to: CLAYfestival@swnmact.org
- Title of Email: Artist Name_4x6x8
- Body of Email: Email text MUST include: Name, dimensions, clay body, firing & glazing technique OF EACH TILE.
- Each submission photo MUST be named with the registered name of the tile.
- Submit ONE image for each submitted tile.
- Image format requirements can be found at https://clayfestival.com/4x6x8-tile-exhibition
- Fees & Shipping
- Entry fees: $25 for one entry, $30 for two, and $35 for three.
- Payment is to be made via PayPal, on the CLAY Festival website, at the time of registration: www.CLAYFestival.com
- For tiles selected to be a part of the 4x6x8 tile exhibition, the artist is responsible for shipping and insuring accepted work to and from the 4x6x8 tile exhibition.
Hand delivery and pickup are also acceptable. Shipped works must be sent in an easily reusable container/packaging and must include prepaid return shipping and insurance. The CLAY Festival will insure accepted works from receipt up to the time of return shipment or pickup, per the exhibition timeline. Delivered works not picked up by July 31st, 2020 or not sent with return shipping, will become the property of the Silver City CLAY Festival.
- $500 – FIRST PLACE: Tad Van der Weele Memorial Award
- $300 – SECOND PLACE
- $200 – THIRD PLACE
The Exhibition is open to all artists 18 years and older, residing in the United States and internationally.
Accepted entries must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition and must be for sale, with CLAY retaining 40 percent of the total sale price. All works must have been completed in the last three years (2017-2020).
Entries shown in previous CLAY Festival juried exhibitions will NOT be accepted.
To learn more about the Clay Festival visit http://CLAYfestival.com/