SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Laboratory Instructor – Ceramics. This position prepares material for open instructional laboratories according to established procedures. Assists students and instructional staff under the direct guidance of faculty and area administrator. Supervises student workers in ceramic and sculpture studio. Fires and maintains electric and gas kilns.
Learn more about this position and apply at: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2438
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Provides instruction to students working on current course assignments in ceramic and sculpture studios during open studio.
2. Prepares ceramic and sculpture studios daily. Assures cleanliness and follows all national and state requirements pertaining to safety and health protocols.
3. Assists students in use of laboratory equipment and materials. Serves as resource person to assist students in completing assignments.
4. Performs inventory of lab materials and equipment, and maintains records as required.
5. Coordinates use of laboratory equipment, media, and materials to meet daily student and instructional requirements.
6. Instructs students in safety protocols to facilitate a secure work environment in ceramic and sculpture studios.
7. Provides technical support and regular maintenance to gas/electric kiln.
8. Plans, prepares, and develops various teaching aids.
9. Works closely with vendors on equipment and supply needs, and with kiln manufacturers for technical support.
10. Assigns work, trains and supervises student assistants as required.
11. Places orders in a timely manner and anticipates studio needs prior to the start of each semester.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and four years experience in related field; or Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university and one year experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience tutoring and/or teaching college students is preferred.
- Supervisory Experience:
One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems.
Master of Fine Arts or Master of Arts in Ceramics or Sculpture.
Previous experience as a Studio Tech or Assistant. Previous college teaching experience.
To learn more and apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2438