Ceramics and Printmaking Artists-in-Residence Opportunities
Applications DUE April 15thOur yearlong Ceramics and Printmaking Residency programs are designed to provide a supportive environment for emerging artists to immerse themselves in creating new work and expand on their area of expertise. Ideal candidates should have an MFA in ceramics or printmaking and be able to work independently as well as in a community setting. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrated artistic excellence as well as interest in experimentation and innovative techniques. These year-long residencies begin August 1, 2018.
- A private studio and 24-hour access to all studios (ceramic, print, digital media, metals, photo, drawing studios, and a wood shop) and studio equipment
- $1,000 per month stipend
- Housing for one year. House is furnished and shared with other year-round artists-in-residence and short term visiting artists
- $1000 per year in dental care
- $1000 honorarium to attend a professional conference
- An exhibition of new work
- Additional teaching and other opportunities for extra income are available
- Teach a minimum of two classes per session x 4 sessions = 8 classes per year
- Work 15 hours/week on studio upkeep (ceramics or printmaking)
- Community outreach in the form of presentations, workshops, and events
To learn more, PLEASE VISIT: http://lawrenceartscenter.org/artist-resources/residencies
APPLICATIONS DUE APRIL 15TH:
Apply online through slideroom: http://lawrenceartscenter.slideroom.com
- Artist Statement
- Letter of Intent
- 10-15 work samples in a digital portfolio
- 3 references
- $25 application fee
Lawrence Arts Center
940 New Hampshire St.
Lawrence, KS 66044
About the Lawrence Arts Center:
The Lawrence Arts Center’s mission is to create excellent and meaningful arts experiences with and for the community through education, exhibitions, and performances. Programming in our 40,000 square foot building- consisting of 3 exhibition galleries, a 300-seat theater, a black box theater, 2 dance studios, an arts-based preschool, and 7 visual arts studios- attracts individuals of ages, interests, and backgrounds.
The Arts Center is located in downtown Lawrence, Kansas, which is also home to the University of Kansas, Haskell Indian Nations University, and is less than an hour away from downtown Kansas City. Lawrence is an intellectual city that is proud of its rich history and diverse heritage, with a vibrant art, music, and cultural community.