Chastain Arts Center in Atlanta, Georgia seeks a full-time Project Coordinator. The primary duty of the Project Coordinator at Chastain Arts Center is to maintain and manage the ceramics studios. The secondary duty of this position is to work with the Chastain staff to assist in the office and center as needed.
Applicants must be an experienced artist, interpersonal, enthusiastic, and self-motivated. The applicant must have prior knowledge of kiln operations, clay, glazes and studio safety. Must have a BFA or BA in Ceramics or at least four years of experience as an exhibiting artist or in ceramic studio management.
Ceramic Coordinator duties:
• Load and fire all green and glaze ware for the ceramics classes. This includes the electric kilns, the gas kiln, the salt kiln, and assisting with the Raku firings.
• Maintain and repair kilns as needed.
• Mix glazes and slips for the pottery studio.
• Ordering and inventorying clay, glaze materials, and supplies for both studios.
• Assist instructors when needed.
• Recycle clay.
• Manage/train all studio assistants, volunteers, and studio interns.
• Assist and answer questions for students during open studio times.
• Maintain cleanliness of the studios and enforce the “no dust – no silicosis” policy.
• Recruit teachers for classes and workshops.
• Help with registration: data entry of students into the Activnet system.
• Assist during the opening receptions.
• Assist as needed during gallery installation.
• Assist students with questions about classes and registration.
• Answer phone calls.
• Assist students/instructors how to use the computers, phones, the copy machine, and the internet.
Please email email@example.com. Please attach your resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and three references.
Summary: Project Coordinator – Chastain Arts Center
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full-time with Benefits