The editors of Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated magazines are currently looking for an Editorial Coordinator to join our team, located in Westerville, Ohio (near Columbus). This is a full-time position, located in our Westerville office, that involves editing, corresponding with authors and artists, researching potential article topics, and working with both the editorial and production/graphics teams to meet the press deadlines for 19 issues per year.
Applications are currently being reviewed. Interviews with qualified applicants will be conducted starting the week of June 11 and will continue until the position is filled.
The Ceramic Publications Company (CPC), a subsidiary of The American Ceramic Society, publishes Ceramics Monthly (CM) and Pottery Making Illustrated (PMI) magazines, the Ceramic Arts Network website, publishes books and videos, and operates the International Ceramic Artists Network membership organization. Our mission is to serve the informational, educational, and professional needs of the ceramic arts community.
The Editorial Coordinator will work closely with the editorial staff of Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated to acquire and produce editorial content for the magazines as well as our online, subscriber-based, ceramic recipes database (www.ceramicrecipes.org).
The primary responsibilities of the position include acquiring text and images from contributors, editing, fact checking, proofreading, writing, and preparing magazine content for each magazine. It also includes frequent communications with freelance authors, artists, and arts administrators. This position works in a collaborative team environment, and interacts with editorial, production and graphic design staff and freelancers.
- A degree in ceramics, as well as strong organizational, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of contemporary ceramic artists, studio ceramic practices, and techniques.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and an ability to work independently.
- One to three years of office experience.
- Proficiency with Macintosh platform and Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Filemaker database software preferred.
- To begin employment in late June. Position is located in our Westerville, Ohio office.
For consideration, submit resume with cover letter, salary requirement/expectation and references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org