The Ceramics Program at Tyler School of Art, Temple University is seeking a full-time technician to maintain and manage an extensive ceramics studio. Knowledge of all aspects of ceramics studio practice is necessary. Experience with digital fabrication tools and processes, preferred. Management, organizational, and record-keeping skills are required. The Ceramics technician will be expected to work in coordination with the Department Chair, Program Head and faculty. All applicants must be willing and able to work with other studio disciplines and technicians as needed. The successful candidate must be able to stay current with technology, tools, and techniques appropriate to the needs of the studio and learn new skills, as necessary. Performs other duties as assigned.
Learn more and find the official posting here: https://temple.taleo.net/careersection/tu_ex_staff/jobdetail.ftl?job=17004888&tz=GMT-06%3A00
Required Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years directly related experience required. Demonstrated ability in ceramics techniques and studio knowledge.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to help manage the Ceramics facilities including record maintenance and inventory of tools, equipment and supplies; planning for long term budget needs.
- Ability to hire, train and supervise student workers.
- Ability to help generate and update the studio policy, technical and safety handbook.
- Ability to monitor proper health and safety rules, practices and procedures related to equipment and materials.
- Ability to attend training classes on use of specific tools.
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills and ability to be an enthusiastic and supportive participant of the Tyler community.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, along with the ability to be detail oriented, able to multi-task efficiently in a studio setting.
- Willingness to be self-motivated and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime including occasional nights and/or weekends and respond to emergency calls.
- BA or BFA degree.
- Understanding of art practices.
Apply at: https://temple.taleo.net/careersection/tu_ex_staff/jobdetail.ftl?job=17004888&tz=GMT-06%3A00