Learn more and find the official posting here: https://temple.taleo.net/careersection/tu_ex_staff/jobdetail.ftl?job=17004888&tz=GMT-06%3A00
Required Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years directly related experience required. Demonstrated ability in ceramics techniques and studio knowledge.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to help manage the Ceramics facilities including record maintenance and inventory of tools, equipment and supplies; planning for long term budget needs.
- Ability to hire, train and supervise student workers.
- Ability to help generate and update the studio policy, technical and safety handbook.
- Ability to monitor proper health and safety rules, practices and procedures related to equipment and materials.
- Ability to attend training classes on use of specific tools.
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills and ability to be an enthusiastic and supportive participant of the Tyler community.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, along with the ability to be detail oriented, able to multi-task efficiently in a studio setting.
- Willingness to be self-motivated and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime including occasional nights and/or weekends and respond to emergency calls.
- BA or BFA degree.
- Understanding of art practices.