The Art Department at Washburn University invites application for a full-time, non-tenure track position as Lecturer in Ceramics beginning August 2016.
Application review begins April 15, 2016
Find the official post here: https://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/human-resources/faculty-vacancies/lecturer-art-ceramics.html
- Master of Fine Arts degree in Ceramics
- 2 years College Level Teaching Experience beyond graduate school
- Experience running and maintaining a ceramics studio.
The successful candidate will possess the following and include evidence in application materials:
- Experience and expertise in traditional ceramic techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of contemporary ceramic theory and practice.
- Ability to integrate ceramics processes with other media areas in the visual arts such as painting, printmaking, electronic arts, photography and sculpture.
- Demonstrated artistic excellence in ceramics through publication and exhibition.
- Ability to teach art foundations courses such as 3D design and Basic Photo Imaging as needed.
Teach three studio courses per semester and assist with departmental responsibilities including advising students and participating in overseeing ceramics curriculum. Maintain studio equipment, materials and supplies. Oversee student studio assistants. The selected candidate will have the ability to effectively critique student artwork, provide project mentoring to students, and work effectively with faculty, students and staff from diverse backgrounds to contribute to the Art Department Mission.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS ONLY: Please send the following to email@example.com in PDF format: letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, teaching philosophy, contact information for three references, digital portfolio of 20 images of personal work and 10 images of applicant’s students’ work. Link to personal website may be included. Application review begins April 15, 2016 and continues until a suitable candidate is identified. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. http:www.washburn.edu/art