KC Clay Guild
Artist in Residence Program
August 2019 Start Date
Applications due April 15, 2019.
An ideal Artist in Residence candidate for KC Clay Guild is an artist ready to jump-start their career in ceramics. Applicants do not need to have any formal education in the ceramic arts, but must demonstrate their passion and interest for the field. KC Clay Guild is a community based and member driven nonprofit organization. We hope that our Artists in Residence are interested in collaborating with and becoming a member of our thriving community of novice, intermediate, advanced ceramic artists.
- Work 12 hour per week. Work may include: loading and firing electric and gas kilns, mixing clay, preparing glazes, general studio maintenance, general office tasks etc.
- The majority of these hours will be completed when the Studio Coordinator is present on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Experience firing downdraft gas kilns is a strongly preferred qualification.
- Become a member of the Guild. $60/annually.
- Volunteer at fundraisers and community outreach events.
- Host a topical workshop at the Guild (2 hours long, paid).
- Plan, organize, and teach a 4-8 week class. The course must have at least 5 students to run. Time teaching is paid ($22/hour).
- Meet with the Studio Coordinator once per month to check in on progress in the studio and volunteering time.
- Prepare a significant body of work for an end of residency exhibition.
- $2500 annual stipend, issued monthly
- Private studio space
- Access to the building 24/7
- The use of in stock raw materials for glaze
- Access to 4 electric kilns, two downdraft natural gas kilns, soda kiln, raku kilns, clay mixer, slab roller, and extruder.
How to Apply:
- Submit the following in PDF format to: email@example.com
- Letter of Interest
- CV with contact information
- Contact information for three professional references
- Artist Statement
- 10-20 images of artwork completed within the last 5 years in a single PDF or a link to a website with images
Applications due April 15, 2019. Learn more and apply at https://www.kcclayguild.org/AIR