The LUX Center for the Arts in Lincoln, Nebraska is currently accepting applications for 2019-2020 year long residencies in all media. The deadline is April 4th, 2019 for residencies beginning August of 2019. A strong desire to teach is required. Artists with more than one area of expertise and an MFA are preferred. This residency can be extended an additional year if both the LUX and the artist agree.
- All residents receive free studio space (shared or private depending on medium and space available) and 24-hour access and use of equipment in the studio area to which they applied. Ceramics residents have access to regularly stocked clay and glaze materials and use of kilns in exchange for studio maintenance duties. All residents can buy materials from the LUX at cost.
- Residents have priority for paid, on-site teaching opportunities including community art classes for youth and adults. Residents with an MFA or BFA in painting, ceramics, or metalsmithing have the opportunity to teach college art classes for Doane College-Lincoln campus, held at the LUX.
- Residents receive an $80 a month stipend that is intended to help purchase art supplies.
- All residents are offered general representation in the sales gallery for the duration of their residency. Residents who have a year or longer residency are also offered an exhibition at the conclusion of their residency.
- A Master of Fine Arts is preferred, but not required. A desire to teach is a must. Residencies are granted based on quality of work and community-mindedness.
To apply, visit https://www.luxcenter.org/AIR