Post-Baccalaureate in Ceramics
May 1st Priority Deadline
Looking to build a portfolio for applying to graduate school, refine your production line for starting a business, or just want focused and guided time in a dynamic and supportive studio? OCAC Ceramics might be the place for you!
Studio space, one on one instruction with faculty, access to the best ceramics facilities in Portland
The Post-baccalaureate Certificate is a one-year pre-graduate program designed for students who have received an undergraduate degree and who have studio visual art experience at the college level. The Post-baccalaureate program provides students the opportunity to focus on the studio areas of their interest. Bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the program, these students become resources within the College community. The program can be pursued part-time, however the 30 credits must be completed within two years.
Why do students pursue the PBC?
- As preparation for graduate school
- To become immersed in an intensive studio experience following their baccalaureate degree
- To learn new techniques and mediums
- To create new work and update and enhance their portfolios
COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR POST-BACCALAUREATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- 1 Year Fall-Spring or Spring-Fall
- Three Areas of study or Elective Courses of 3 credits = 9
- Departmental Tutorial = 4.5
- Critique Seminar = 1.5
- Total Credits Required = 15