SIU Edwardsville is accepting applications for a Visiting Scholar/Faculty in Ceramics.
Full-time, nine month, non-tenure-track faculty position, beginning August 16, 2020.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, located 25 minutes east of downtown St. Louis, Missouri, seeks dynamic applicants for a Visiting Scholar/Faculty position for Ceramics in the Department of Art and Design. This is a 3/3 teaching load with an additional studio support role in ceramics. Primary responsibilities include supervision/instruction within the graduate and undergraduate Ceramics programs, mentorship of BFA/MFA students, and management of the studio facilities in the newly expanded art and design building. In addition, applicants will be required to pursue an active research and exhibition practice.
Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and expertise.
- MFA in Ceramics or related media, received before position begins (August 2020).
- Broad knowledge in both traditional and contemporary ceramic techniques, including beginning to advanced hand building, wheel throwing, mold-making, clay and glaze chemistry, kiln operation and maintenance, and mixed media.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of contemporary trends and concepts in the field of ceramics and must have an active exhibition record.
- Teaching experience in ceramics at the university level (beyond graduate school).
- Digital fabrication experience: 3-D printing/rendering software.
- Experience in non-ceramic materials: wood, metal, plaster, mixed media.
- Letter of application, curriculum vitae, artist statement, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three references (address, phone, and email), unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts required at time of hire) as a single PDF, 1MB max.
- Portfolio of 20 images of personal work with image list as a single PDF, 10MB max.
- Portfolio of 20 images of student work with image list (if available) as a single PDF, 10MB max.
- Send all documents in a single email with the subject: “Visiting Scholar/Faculty in Ceramics” to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin on April 10, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.
For Inquiries, Please Contact:
Joe Page (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Associate Professor of Ceramics
Department of Art and Design
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville