Tenure Track Faculty in Art (Ceramics) teaches a full range of Art studio courses in Ceramics, 3-D Foundations, or Sculpture. Find the posting on the Cuyahoga Community College website here: https://careers.tri-c.edu/postings/66004
• Prepares and delivers lectures to students on various topics in relation to a specific discipline
• Evaluates and grades students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments and papers
• Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, speaking with colleagues and participating in professional conferences
• Maintains student attendance records, grades and other required records
• Initiates, facilitates and moderates classroom discussions
• As needed, advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues
• Plans, evaluates and revises curricula, course content and course materials and methods of instruction
• Compiles, administers and grades examinations
• Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
• Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students
• Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment
• Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional polices, department matters and academic issues
• Participates in campus and community events
Learn more about the Art Program at Cuyahoga here: https://www.tri-c.edu/programs/liberal-arts-and-sciences/art/index.html
• Master’s Degree for Fine Arts in Ceramics or Sculpture.
• Minimum of three years recent experience in ceramic studio work.
• Minimum of three years teaching experience at the College level teaching Ceramics.
• Demonstrated proficiency in production throwing, hand-building, and all phases of ceramic studio management.
• Ceramics portfolio and exhibition events.
• Expertise and professional accomplishment in ceramics as a practicing artist.
• Ability to utilize PowerPoint and Blackboard as needed.
• Teaching experience
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for students
• Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
• Logic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Demonstrated ability in developing syllabi and projects for Ceramics I and II, Sculpture I and II, and 3-D Foundations. Demonstrated experience working in Blackboard and PowerPoint
Target Hiring Rate / Salary:
$49,626 minimum; offer based on education/or and experience.
This is a full-time tenure track faculty opportunity for the academic year beginning August (Fall) 2016. The academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) is 36 weeks in duration; summer contracts are issued separately.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.