The School of Craft + Emerging Media at ACAD welcomes applications for the following limited term faculty appointment commencing end of August 2018 until April 30, 2019:
Visiting Faculty, Ceramics – Alberta College of Art + Design
To complement existing instructional resources, this position will instruct four (4) 4.5 hour-long studio courses at all levels of the undergraduate BFA in Ceramics program. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. In addition, the successful candidate will be provided with two (2) course releases towards research and studio practice. They will be required to report and present on research activities as well as mount an exhibition of their studio practice and research at the College while in residence at the College.
The successful candidate will be capable of teaching all forms of Ceramic practice through core courses and studio supervision, including vessel, sculptural, figurative, installation and performance. The candidate will possess an active studio practice that will contribute to the breadth of the program and demonstrate a critical and creative engagement with contemporary discourse on Craft and Ceramics. In combination with a collaborative spirit and professional commitment to the field, experience in academic service, curricular innovation, and Ceramics studio management will be considered an asset.
- Teaching four (4) x 4.5 hour long studio courses at all levels of ACAD’s Ceramics program
- Maintaining a research/studio practice, and contributing to research and scholarship in the field of contemporary Craft, specifically Ceramics
- Creating and exhibiting a new body of work
- Reporting and presenting on research activities in the form of artist talks and/or workshops
- Demonstrating a commitment to pedagogical and academic excellence
- Participating in academic service, curricular program development, and the management of the Ceramics studio environment (as appropriate)
The successful candidate will have:
- An MFA or an equivalent degree or combination of education and professional experience in Ceramics
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience
- A professional exhibition record as a Ceramist
- Excellent technical skills, and a wide knowledge of all aspects of the discipline, with a particular regard for international practice in Ceramics
- Be community-oriented; comfortable interacting with students, faculty, artists, and the public; and able to balance between research, practice, and pedagogy
Preference will be given to applicants with a strong studio practice in experimental or sculptural ceramics.
Learn more and apply at https://canr53.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/acad/Posting/View/190